Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Mixbook - Create Beautiful Photo Books and Scrapbooks! | View Sample Photo Books | Create your own Photo Book

Thursday, February 18, 2010

To the hospital we go...and go again...

As most of you know, we took Brodie to the hospital on Monday. I came home from school after my sister had called and said he was throwing up really violently. He has NEVER thrown up before. He spits up after some bottles but nothing like this. When I came home he was sitting in a towel after 3 baths and had the saddest face I had ever seen. I held him and he just constantly threw up all over me but I didn't mind a bit. I just wanted to comfort him in any way that I could, I was bawling. He sounded like a cat trying to throw up a hairball, it was heartbreaking. After throwing up about 4 times in 30 min, he started throwing up stomach acid. He had NO color in his whole body, I was terrified, and that's when I decided to take him to the hospital. As I was putting him in his carseat, I saw that his lips were completely blue. Lindsay and I sped to the hospital and when I sat down in the waiting room, a nurse came in to call the next person, saw Brodie laying on my shoulder like dead weight and said "WE NEED TO GET HIM IN RIGHT AWAY!" They rushed him into a room and about 6 nurses and a doctor were working on him at the same time. Again, bawling. He just layed there, with no color, no movement. They were doing turnikets and putting needles in him (over and over again bc NO ONE could find a vein) and he was just looking off into space. I took this pic once he got an IV in him and started getting color back in his face:


he was as still as could be, but at least he had color

We were in this room for about 3-4 hours and Harland, Brodie, and I all fell asleep

He started feeling better once he wasn't dehydrated but it was very clear his tummy still was hurting



The parametics came from Children's in Dallas and took him in an ambulance :(
You never want to see your baby on a stretcher

I rode with him and Harland followed behind. We stayed overnight at Children's and he had two spells of diahrea that stunk up the WHOLE floor. I heard people saying outside, "What is that smell!?" It was HORRIBLE. Harland and I slept on a fold out CHAIR and were woken up every hour by the nurses.
He's finally back to his old self, thank GOODNESS. I could not live without seeing him smile another day!


KENDALL GRACE COUGHLIN
Brodie's future girlfriend was born last week! She is the most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen! Brodie, Harland, and I went to visit her and her parents at the hospital the morning after she was born and then we brought her Taco Soup the day she came home from the hospital. I'm sooo excited that my best friend since I was ONE is now a Mommy too! I can't wait to have play dates and go and do lots of Mommy things together :) Congrats Amber and Kain!

WEDDING UPDATE:
So after many hours of deliberation, I decided that I can't decide on my bridesmaids. So instead of choosing, I'm having all 12! Before you freak out, 7 will be up with me, walking down the isle and such, and 5 will be greeters and such. The 7 will be in long dresses and the 5 will be in the same dress just a lot shorter.

Walking down the isle will be:

Lindsay -- Jimmy
Sonia -- Nick
Amber -- Dustin
Katie -- Foster
Megan -- Sean
Erica -- Lee
Hailee -- Chase

Erinn, Kels, Lyns, Krysten, and Jordan will be my other bridesmaids... I couldn't choose between them since were all such close friends, and I didn't want them to just not be in it so I had to find a way to have them all :)

Our ushers will be Kenny, Ty, Gleason, and Johnny.

After the wedding, we'll have a party limo that fits 24 to take us all to the reception! :) (Sry bro, you're a little too young for the party that will be going on in there!)

My Mom, some of my bridesmaids, and I are going dress shopping this Saturday while the dress I want is on sale! Hopefully we can decide on two bridesmaids dresses, too.

I've been reading some budget wedding books and I am just FULL of ideas.. I can't wait to save up this money to go through with it all!

I picked out the flowers as well...



I'm going to carry an orange bouquet, hopefully very close to the same color as the bridesmaids dress, and the girls that are walking will carry the white ones.
Sonia and I have been looking at wedding venues for her and we found 2 really good ones! It's pretty cool that my Matron of Honor and I can plan our weddings at the same time!

SCHOOL UPDATE:
I finished another Mod (2 classes) both with A's! 95 on both of my finals. 4 down, 14 to go. I started two classes on Tuesday, Medical Law and Ethics which I'm liking a lot (HATED my last classes) and my teacher is also a Wedding Planner! booyah! I'm also taking a Front Desk class which is a snoozer.


Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment